1. Please read through my introductory letter and class syllabus. Gather and bring all of the required materials on the first day of class.
2. Read the short story, “The Interlopers,” by Saki.
3. Complete the assignment for “The Interlopers.” If you are unsure about any of the questions, try to the best of your abilities, and we will discuss your responses and any questions you may have in class.
4. Write the 4 paragraph “Introductory Essay” in MLA format. MLA formatting info can be found in resources.
5. Select a book that you would like to read on your own over the course of the semester. You need parent permission for your selfselected reading choice. I have provided suggested reading lists on my website (located in resources), or you may pick something off the list if you run it by me first.
Chris Trompas - English teacher at the Learning Choice Academy in Chula Vista and La Mesa, CA.