TU FUI EGO ERIS
This is our last week of onsite classes.
On Wednesday, we had our class debate on the issue of using animals in the military.
After the debate, I handed out the homework that will be due by June 13th via email.
Here is a link to the assignment:
Song Lyric Analysis Project
On Friday, we will be watching a video in class.
Thanks for making this a great year! Have an awesome summer!
On Wednesday, students turned in the final drafts of their short stories.
The rest of this week, we explored the topic of the military's use of animals. Our focus question was: is it ethical to use animals in the military?
During Wednesday's class, students explored the topic of the military's use of dolphins. We began with a video. Students then read 1 of 2 articles on the subject of military dolphins. Students read the article and responded to the questions below:
See article 1 here
See article 2 here
Article Response Questions:
1. In the article that you read, what were the sources of information? Who was quoted?
2. Do you think the individuals and organizations are credible sources of info? Why or why not? Do they stand to lose or gain something by not telling the truth?
3. What was the author’s purpose in writing this article? (persuade, entertain, inform, etc.)
4. Do you think using dolphins for military purposes is ethical? This means: Do you think it is okay, morally, to use dolphins in this way? Why or why not?
On Friday, to take this topic further, we began preparing for a debate on the issue of the military's use of animals. Below you will find a description of the assignment and a page to organize research on the topic.
The debate will be held next Wednesday.
This week, students turned in the homework from meeting week. This included:
- A Grammar Practice worksheet
- A movie or music review
- The rough draft of the short story writing assignment
On Wednesday, we had an in-class peer critique session for the rough drafts of the short stories.
On Friday, we had an in-class activity based around different informational articles. Each student was to read and annotate one article, discuss it with their group, and respond to the questions at the bottom of the page.
Click here to access the articles.
The only homework from this week was to work on the final draft of the short story writing assignment (due 5/17).