We started the class with a quickwrite. The questions were as follows:
- How do you feel about writing fiction?
- Do you find it more, or less, interesting than writing non-fiction (essays and personal narratives)?
- Have you ever written a piece of fiction that you were particularly proud of? If so, please tell me about it.
As a follow-up to the day's lesson, I posed a few more questions for students to consider:
- Did you find today’s exercises helpful for generating new ideas?
- Did you come up with an idea you’d like to develop into a story?
- What is the most difficult part of creative writing for you?
The only homework from today's class is to continue working on the final drafts of your argumentative essays. The final draft is due next class. I will be returning your freewrites to you next class.