TU FUI EGO ERIS
Students and Parents,
This week, we covered the following:
1. I collected the final Song Lyrics Analysis project. The final project consisted of the following:
-Says, Means, Matters worksheet
*If you did not turn in any of these items, please send them to me ASAP.
2. Students then had an opportunity to share out their projects in front of the class for extra credit.
3. Next, I handed out copies of the novel, The Call of the Wild, by Jack London. We will be reading this novel over the next month or so and completing reading activities alongside it.
1. Students worked on an information scavenger hunt to introduce the novel:
-On your own, or in groups of up to 4, research and respond to the following questions. Even if you are working in a group, I still want you to write your responses on your own paper/document.
1. We began class with a Quickwrite. I then collected all LP 2 Quickwrites. If you have not yet turned in your Quickwrites, please send them to me ASAP.
2. Students continued working on the information scavenger hunt for The Call of the Wild.
3. We discussed student answers to the questions.
4. I handed out the homework packet for meeting week. See the instructions below:
Complete the "Active Reading" and "Responding" sections of this packet for chapters 1-5 (This includes the "Personal Response" and "Analyzing Literature" portions). Also complete the "Character Development" response question in the Ch. 1-3 section and the "Letter Home" response question in the Ch. 4-5 section. You may skip the other sections under "Literature and Writing". All required pages and sections have a star next to them in the document.