TU FUI EGO ERIS
Over these last weeks of onsite classes, we covered the following:
1. I collected the textbook short story questions that were assigned on 5/3 (see previous post).
2. Students turned in the final drafts of their Argumentative Essays on 5/15
3. We completed several Quickwrite assignments, all of which were turned in on 5/24.
4. Students worked on an activity analyzing author bias in a news article. The assignment sheet is attached below.
5. Students also completed SBAC and NWEA testing. If you have not finished either of these tests, your EP should be in touch with you to arrange a time to finish them.
6. I handed out a final project assignment. Student began working on this project in class. It is attached below and due on June 8th.
This week, we covered the following:
1. I collected the meeting week homework (see previous post for assignments).
2. We had two quickwrite activities with an opportunity for students to share their writing with the class.
3. We reviewed the MLA formatting for Works Cited pages and in-text citations. For the final draft of the Argumentative Essay (due 5/15) students will need to have in-text citations and a Works Cited page. Let me know if you need help with either of these things.
For your Works Cited page, I recommend using this resource (be sure to select 'website document' in the left column): https://www.calvin.edu/library/knightcite/index.php
4. For homework, choose 1 story from your textbook, and complete the response questions that follow the story.