-We continued our discussion of storytelling elements and techniques.
-We read and discussed a model short story: LINK TO STORY
-Students responded to the following questions:
“Ruthless” by William de Mille
- Describe the two main characters.
- What do the main characters want?
- How do we find out about Judson’s personality, profession, and past? How do we find out about Mabel’s personality?
- What do you notice about the scope of the story in terms of place and time?
- What do you notice about William De Mille’s descriptions of his characters and setting?
-Students then began the prewriting step of the creative writing assignment (attached below).
-If you have finished with your prewriting, you may begin working on the rough draft of your story.
The prewriting is due on Tuesday (2/13), and the rough draft will be due on 2/20.