1. What topic did you choose for your argumentative essay?
2. What side will you be taking on the issue?
3. What attracted you to this topic?
4. What is the biggest difficulty you foresee in the writing of this paper?
I then gave in-class time for students to complete steps 4 and 5 from the argumentative essay assignment sheet. These steps are as follows:
- Collect research on your topic until you have enough evidence to support your argument.
- Create an outline for your essay; decide what you will discuss in each paragraph.
Whatever you did not finish in class for these two steps of the writing process is your homework. Please come to our next class with your outline completed and all of your sources selected. Below, I have attached a template for your essay outline.