This week, we covered the following:
1. We began class with a quickwrite.
2. Students shared their news article assignments with each other and then turned them in.
3. Lastly, students began working on an illustration to accompany the final draft of their personal narratives. The illustration could be done on paper with pens, colored pencils, etc., or it could be done on the computer with an application like Google Drawing. Here are some ideas for the illustration:
1. A self-portrait of you around the time of the experience described in your narrative
2. A scene from your narrative (especially the climax of the story)
3. The setting of your narrative
4. A collage of images related to the events of your narrative
1. Students continued working on the illustrations for their narratives.
1. We began class with a quickwrite, and students then turned in their LP 1 quickwrites.
2. Students worked on their illustrations and on editing the rough drafts of their narratives.
3. I handed out the assignment packet for meeting week (attached below).